Welcome! It’s #ChristianBooktober Day 3: The Trouble with Nancy
Oh, boy, you are in for something of a wild ride here! I don’t know about you but I grew up watching Disney Channel movies in the late 90s / early 2000s. Movies like Motocrossed.
If you enjoyed that movie, where a girl pretends to be her brother in a physically demanding and dangerous situation for a very good cause, then you’ll love The Trouble with Nancy. Just add the Pony Express!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I may make a small commission. I only recommend books and resources that I’ve enjoyed personally, or believe that you would like. You can read my full disclosure here. You will also find information on Scripture translations there.
? I received an advance copy of The Trouble with Nancy from the author. Since I am Not officially part of the Celebrate Lit book tour, I have chosen to share a spotlight here. All thoughts within my review are my own.
About the Book
Book: The Trouble with Nancy
Author: Chautona Havig
Genre: Christian Historical Romance, Western
Release Date: July 18, 2019
Her reputation precedes her, whether the bad guys realize it or not.
Nancy Harrison has finally stepped out of her prissy box and tried to do something helpful–but did she go overboard in her first self-less act?
She can’t ride, she hates horses, and she’s terrified of being alone. What’s a girl to do?
Join the Pony Express, of course.
When Nancy Harrison’s family receives a tax bill they can’t pay, there’s only one option open to them. Her brother, Lewis, will have to join the Pony Express and earn the money that way.
It would have worked, too, if ruffians hadn’t attacked him and broken his leg.
She doesn’t want to do it, of course, but what choice is there? Lose everything or ride a stupid, smelly horse for a few weeks? Nancy decides that she’ll chop off her hair, take to the dusty overland trail, and prove that she isn’t a “flighty little thing.”
But things go from bad to worse as she discovers that riding astride is worse than sidesaddle—especially when you’re not used to it.
Can’t she just go back home to balls, teas, and the hope of a suitor before her twentieth birthday? Sans her hair, of course, because that’ll entice the fellows. Sigh.
Click here to get your copy!
About the Author
Chautona Havig lives in an oxymoron, escapes into imaginary worlds that look startlingly similar to ours and writes the stories that emerge. An irrepressible optimist, Chautona sees everything through a kaleidoscope of It’s a Wonderful Life sprinkled with fairy tales. Find her on the web and say howdy—if you can remember how to spell her name.
Video Chat with Chautona
As I received an ARC from the author, I didn’t know anything more than that it was about a girl pony express rider. At first, I didn’t care for it at all, but having read many books by this author, I knew I needed to keep reading.
It didn’t take long, and I was hooked. Maybe 3 chapters or so. I think, with the description that’s included here, I would have been drawn in faster.
As Nancy learned more about trusting God, so did I. That’s the best part of This author’s work. It always points to God. (Without being preachy at all)
Nancy was willing to do something well out of her comfort zone because she knew the importance of family support. Her family needed help, and she was not going to sit back and do nothing.
The history of the pony express has always fascinated me, and I think The Trouble with Nancy is a good tribute to that life.
The mystery elements of the story are great fun, too.
- Fine Print Can You Solve the Riddle?
- Healing through Forgiveness with Daughters of Northern Shores
- Why Fear God Not Man: A Higher Ransom
- The Hidden Treasure: Jews in Austria
- Wayne Thomas Batterson’s Sword in the Stars
Blog Stops for The Trouble with Nancy
Daysong Reflections, September 25
Quiet Workings, September 25
Blossoms and Blessings, September 26
Books, Life, and Christ, September 26
Pause for Tales , September 27
For Him and my Family, September 27
Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess , September 28
Texas Book-aholic, September 29
Mary Hake, September 29
Library Lady’s Kid Lit, September 30
Locks, Hooks and Books, September 30
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, October 1
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 2
For the Love of Books , October 2
Inklings and notions, October 3
Emily Yager, October 4
Batya’s Bits, October 4
Older & Smarter?, October 5
janicesbookreviews, October 6
Betti Mace, October 6
A Reader’s Brain, October 7
Wishful Endings, October 7
Lots of Helpers, October 8
She Lives to Read, October 8
The Trouble with Nancy Giveaway
To celebrate her tour, Chautona is giving away the grand prize package of a paperback copy of the book and a Pony Express book cozy!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
- Celebrate Lit with the Best Christian Book Publicity Group!
- Haven of Rest (Biblical Fiction)
- The Trouble With Nancy (Pony Express Mystery)
- Stitches in Time (Amish Fiction, Foster Care)
- Frost Heaves (Contemporary Alaskan Suspense)
- A Promise to Break (Great Depression Novel)
- Darcy by Any Other Name (Regency Body-swap)
- 115+ Bookish Goodies (Non-book items for Bookworms)
- Once Upon a Christmas (Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Fairy Tales)
- Summer Flash Burn By Erin Unger (Blue Ridge Romantic Suspense
- Synapse: Steven James New Book (Christian Sci-fi Thriller)
- The Vacant House (Murder Mystery)
- Acts420NOW (A Bible Study to Get You In Gear!)
- The Glittering Web (Futuristic Suspense, Untangling a web of Deception
- 44 Best Bookish Games and Bookworm Word Games
- Better than Fiction (Historical/Contemporary Romance)
- Bound to be Free (Bible Study/Spiritual Growth)
- No Turning Back (Romantic Suspense/Prison Ministry turned Riot)
- Hope’s Highest Mountain (Historical Romance, Montana Territory)
- Whispers in the Pews (Essays on Faith and Mental Health
- The Painted Castle (Historical/Contemporary Romance/Mystery
- 45+ Unique Gifts for Kids Who Love to Read (Gift Guide)
- Grief and Second Chances (God’s Gift of Hope-Nonfiction)
- Fatal Memories (An Arizona Border Patrol Adventure)
- How To Overcome Depression With Science and Scripture
- Mission Hollywood: Love Faith, and Second Chances
- Citizenship Bible Study: Leaders, Nations, and God
- Aiming For Love: Historical Romantic Comedy
- When Only Faith Remains (Mary, Mother of Jesus)
- Wonderful YaH: The Unveiling
- Before Christmas (Journey back to the Beginning)