Welcome to #ChristianBooktober Day 23. Today’s spotlight is on Grief and Second Chances. About God’s gift of hope to one family, and for all of us.
I have not read this book, only the Celebrate Lit book tour information below, but it reminded me of the story of grief and second chances (and third chances) that my friend has been through.
She’s buried 2 husbands, and now is happily married again. And she’s not shy about sharing God’s gift of hope with other people who are grieving. In fact she’s very open and generous in sharing God’s gift of hope.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.Romans 8:28 NIV
I can see a beautiful pattern here, if we truly trust God’s love, we can take any circumstances no matter how awful and painful, and glorify God.
If these two, and many others can choose to receive God’s gift of hope in the midst of trials, and share it, than we can learn to as well!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I may make a small commission. I only recommend books and resources that I’ve enjoyed personally, or believe that you would like. You can read my full disclosure here. You will also find information on Scripture translations there.
The Book About Grief and Second Chances
Book: Second Chances
Author: Shirley Quiring Mozena
Genre: Family and relationships/Death, Grief, Bereavement
Release Date: September 2012
When Shirley and Bill set out on a dream trip in the beautiful northwest wilderness to celebrate their 40th anniversary, what develops is a nightmare that has no end. Mysterious pangs turn into a vicious virus that makes its way into Bill’s body. Shirley finds comfort through her Savior during the six months of Bill’s illness—an illness which eventually takes his life.
After a time, Shirley’s heart aches for companionship. Little does she know that living a few miles from her home, a widower mourns the loss of his wife of 32 years. They meet and fall hopelessly in love, and their love takes them on a two-year journey of joy and adventure until once again overwhelming heartbreak rocks Shirley’s world. This is a story of faith and courage to strengthen your own soul.
Click here to get your copy!
- How to Find Hope: Authors who Inspire Hope
- But God: Choosing Faith over Fear and Rejoice
- Behind the Seen: a Hagar Bible Study that will Open Your Eyes
About the Author Who Received God’s Gift of Hope
Shirley Quiring Mozena is an outdoorswoman, musician, amateur chef, and former elementary music teacher and librarian. She has survived the hardest test of her faith and now works with others grieving the loss of loved ones.
More from Shirley
They told me there was no hope. How could that be? I’d already lost one husband. Would I have to lose another? We’d had so little time!
Four years earlier—nearly to the day—my high school sweetheart and father of my two children had died. We’d gone through so many struggles. Our marriage was nearly broken. Through courage in facing our faults and selfishness, our marriage was restored. And then, after a six month battle with a terrible virus, my husband died.
I’d never dreamed I’d love again, but it happened. Six months after our first date, we were married. It seemed like we were still on our honeymoon when the next tragedy happened. Just like that, he was gone.
And then I knew the story needed to be told. For myself. For my children. And for anyone who wanted to know. It’s a story of second chances in a restored marriage. In love. In hope for the future and God’s sustaining love and comfort. A story to strengthen your own soul.
Blog Stops to see More of Grief and Second Chances
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, October 19
Where Crisis & Christ Collide, October 20
Avid Reader Nurse, October 21
For the Love of Literature, October 21 (Author Interview)
Inklings and notions , October 22
Locks, Hooks and Books, October 23
Just the Write Escape, October 24
Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess, October 25
Through the Fire Blogs, October 26
Quiet Quilter, October 27
Texas Book-aholic, October 28
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 29
janicesbookreviews, October 30
Andrea Christenson, October 31 (Author Interview)
A Reader’s Brain, November 1
To celebrate her tour, Shirley is giving away the grand prize package of a copy of Beyond Second Chances and a $25 Amazon gift card!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
More from #ChristianBooktober
- Celebrate Lit with the Best Christian Book Publicity Group!
- Haven of Rest (Biblical Fiction)
- The Trouble With Nancy (Pony Express Mystery)
- Stitches in Time (Amish Fiction, Foster Care)
- Frost Heaves (Contemporary Alaskan Suspense)
- A Promise to Break (Great Depression Novel)
- Darcy by Any Other Name (Regency Body-swap)
- 115+ Bookish Goodies (Non-book items for Bookworms)
- Once Upon a Christmas (Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Fairy Tales)
- Summer Flash Burn By Erin Unger (Blue Ridge Romantic Suspense
- Synapse: Steven James New Book (Christian Sci-fi Thriller)
- The Vacant House (Murder Mystery)
- Acts420NOW (A Bible Study to Get You In Gear!)
- The Glittering Web (Futuristic Suspense, Untangling a web of Deception
- 44 Best Bookish Games and Bookworm Word Games
- Better than Fiction (Historical/Contemporary Romance)
- Bound to be Free (Bible Study/Spiritual Growth)
- No Turning Back (Romantic Suspense/Prison Ministry turned Riot)
- Hope’s Highest Mountain (Historical Romance, Montana Territory)
- Whispers in the Pews (Essays on Faith and Mental Health
- The Painted Castle (Historical/Contemporary Romance/Mystery
- 45+ Unique Gifts for Kids Who Love to Read (Gift Guide)
- Grief and Second Chances (God’s Gift of Hope-Nonfiction)
- Fatal Memories (An Arizona Border Patrol Adventure)
- How To Overcome Depression With Science and Scripture
- Mission Hollywood: Love Faith, and Second Chances
- Citizenship Bible Study: Leaders, Nations, and God
- Aiming For Love: Historical Romantic Comedy
- When Only Faith Remains (Mary, Mother of Jesus)
- Wonderful YaH: The Unveiling
- Before Christmas (Journey back to the Beginning)