Here’s #ChristianBooktober Day 7: Darcy By Any Other Name
Today on #ChristianBooktober, let’s shine the spotlight on Darcy by any Other Name, by Laura Hile. I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice *GASP!!* There. I’ve admitted it. No particular reason, I just never got there.
But I Did grow up with the movie Freaky Friday. And this appears to be a cross between the two. Sounds like fun to me! I have not read this one, but I hope to get a chance! There are a few links to some great reviews below, so stop by and check them out!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I may make a small commission. I only recommend books and resources that I’ve enjoyed personally, or believe that you would like. You can read my full disclosure here. You will also find information on Scripture translations there.
About the Book: Darcy by any Other Name
Book: Darcy by Any Other Name
Author: Laura Hile
Genre: Historical Christian Romance, Regency
Release Date: May 13, 2016
Discover the Pride and Prejudice body-swap romance that has readers laughing in surprise and delight.
For most, this is a glorious evening of music and dancing. But out in the garden two men are arguing, while a ferocious rainstorm swirls round. And then the unthinkable happens: a lightning bolt from heaven strikes. In that instant everything changes.
Jane Austen’s heartthrob hero becomes the bumbling Reverend Collins. Shorn of his fortune, his social standing, and his good looks, Mr. Darcy is trapped in Mr. Collins’ body. And Mr. Collins wakes up to discover that he is master of Pemberley.
Could there be anything worse?
But the inner man is still Darcy. He is in love with Elizabeth Bennet. And now he is living in her house.
If you enjoy a smart, sparkling Regency romp in the classic “Heyeresque” style, then you will love Laura Hile’s Darcy By Any Other Name.
Click here to get your copy.
- Shadow Among Sheaves (Ruth and Naomi in Period England)
- Dead Letter (the fine art of keeping your promise)
- Solve by Christmas or Else (1800s Sabotage)
- A Higher Ransom (Fear God Not Man)
About the Author
My journey as a writer began with the Internet. And with Jane Austen.
How is that for an unlikely combination?
I have always loved classic Regency romances. You know the kind – with a dashing, honorable hero and a lovely, intelligent heroine. Delicious banter, unexpected plot twists, humor, and a happy ending. If faith is woven into the story, so much the better.
When I discovered an online forum for Jane Austen-related fiction, I was hooked. With Jane’s characters for inspiration, I began writing and posting serialized Regency stories. To keep readers coming back for more, I developed my signature style: intertwined plots, cliffhangers, and laugh-out-loud humor.
The comedy I come by in my job as a middle school teacher—there’s never a dull moment with teens!
I live in Beaverton, Oregon with my husband.
More from Laura
I see that double-take you just did. Darcy By Any Other Name is a what? A Pride and Prejudice body-swap romance? Seriously?
Indeed yes. And it’s a really fun read. I blame my sense of humor. And the fact that I think too much.
Here’s the thing: we women are captivated by Jane Austen’s Mr. Darcy—we are! Handsome, aloof, and wealthy, he embodies the perfect male. By comparison, the ordinary guy has no chance. (And heaven help the fellow who is plain!)
Yet we know that attraction involves more than good looks and a fat wallet.
I began to play with this thought. Because Mr. Darcy is also honorable, intelligent, kind, and funny—qualities that transform an ugly man and capture a woman’s interest. The shared smile, the twinkle in the eyes, the finishing of her sentences. These are endearing! These are why we women fall in love!
Once the body swap idea showed up, I knew I had struck story gold. Will Darcy-as-Collins capture Elizabeth Bennet’s heart?
No, wait! She cannot fall for him because he’s the wrong man—no, the right man! But he’s in that podgy body! She cannot love Mr. Darcy when he’s—ugly! Can she?
Ah, but of course she can. Now what?
Think of Darcy By Any Other Name as a happy roller coaster ride. And you know what they say about those: “Get in, sit down, and hold on.”
Do leave a comment and enter the giveaway. I think you will enjoy this fun, romantic book.
Blog Stops for Darcy by any Other Name
Through the Fire Blogs, September 30
Happily Managing a Household of Boys, September 30
A Baker’s Perspective, October 1
Locks, Hooks and Books, October 1
Reflections From My Bookshelves, October 2
For Him and My Family, October 2
Back Porch Reads, October 3
Sara Jane Jacobs, October 3
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, October 4
Mary Hake, October 4
Remembrancy, October 5
Emily Yager, October 5
Bigreadersite, October 6
Rebecca Tews, October 6
Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess, October 7
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 7
Rev. Rebecca Writes: Read, Write, Pray, October 8
Creating Romance, October 8
Blossoms and Blessings, October 9
janicesbookreviews, October 9
By The Book, October 10
Moments, October 11
Pause for Tales, October 11
Texas Book-aholic, October 12
A Reader’s Brain, October 12
Inklings and notions , October 13
To celebrate her tour, Laura is giving away the grand prize of a $25 Amazon gift card!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
More from #ChristianBooktober
- Celebrate Lit with the Best Christian Book Publicity Group!
- Haven of Rest (Biblical Fiction)
- The Trouble With Nancy (Pony Express Mystery)
- Stitches in Time (Amish Fiction, Foster Care)
- Frost Heaves (Contemporary Alaskan Suspense)
- A Promise to Break (Great Depression Novel)
- Darcy by Any Other Name (Regency Body-swap)
- 115+ Bookish Goodies (Non-book items for Bookworms)
- Once Upon a Christmas (Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Fairy Tales)
- Summer Flash Burn By Erin Unger (Blue Ridge Romantic Suspense
- Synapse: Steven James New Book (Christian Sci-fi Thriller)
- The Vacant House (Murder Mystery)
- Acts420NOW (A Bible Study to Get You In Gear!)
- The Glittering Web (Futuristic Suspense, Untangling a web of Deception
- 44 Best Bookish Games and Bookworm Word Games
- Better than Fiction (Historical/Contemporary Romance)
- Bound to be Free (Bible Study/Spiritual Growth)
- No Turning Back (Romantic Suspense/Prison Ministry turned Riot)
- Hope’s Highest Mountain (Historical Romance, Montana Territory)
- Whispers in the Pews (Essays on Faith and Mental Health
- The Painted Castle (Historical/Contemporary Romance/Mystery
- 45+ Unique Gifts for Kids Who Love to Read (Gift Guide)
- Grief and Second Chances (God’s Gift of Hope-Nonfiction)
- Fatal Memories (An Arizona Border Patrol Adventure)
- How To Overcome Depression With Science and Scripture
- Mission Hollywood: Love Faith, and Second Chances
- Citizenship Bible Study: Leaders, Nations, and God
- Aiming For Love: Historical Romantic Comedy
- When Only Faith Remains (Mary, Mother of Jesus)
- Wonderful YaH: The Unveiling
- Before Christmas (Journey back to the Beginning)