Welcome to #ChristianBooktober, Day 13! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am! Today we’ll be talking about the new Acts420Now Bible study by Marta E Greenman.
I didn’t sign up for the tour, because I was working on the Hagar Bible Study review, and there’s another New Testament Bible study I’m reviewing for December. (Can’t wait for this!) I am grateful Celebrate Lit allows me to share spotlights on books I wish I could tour!
This one intrigued me enough to buy a copy, though, and I am looking forward to digging in! I’ll be sure to come back and add a review as soon as I can.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I may make a small commission. I only recommend books and resources that I’ve enjoyed personally, or believe that you would like. You can read my full disclosure here. You will also find information on Scripture translations there.
About the Book: Acts420Now
Author: Marta E. Greenman
Genre: Non-Fiction, Inspirational, Jesus, the Gospel and Acts
Release Date: November 25, 2015
Afraid to take a stand for Jesus?
What would you do if asked to defend or recant your faith?
Discover how the apostles, as well as other historical believers, were equipped to take a stand and defend their faith. The book of Acts comes to life in Marta E. Greenman’s relevant Bible study and will strengthen you to overcome difficult circumstances in your own life.
Take an in-depth look at:
- The lives of Peter and John, and other first-century believers who answered their culture while standing firm for Christ in spite of persecution
- Little-known facets of the stories of Pilgrim, William Bradford, Martin Luther and martyr, William Tyndale.
- The faith of heroes of the U. S. Revolution and our nation’s early leaders that shaped our great nation.
Strategies for overcoming, and powerful biblical principles, are intertwined with lessons from the believers of history in this eight-week, interactive Bible study. Five strategic lessons each week will encourage you in your faith, and equip you to face difficult days. Interactive questions will help you examine your own life and leave a deposit of faith.
“For we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard.” (Acts 4:20 NAS)
Click here to get your copy!
- But God: Choosing Faith over Fear and Rejoice
- Leaving Your Mom Legacy
- The Best Devotionals for Women Who Love Christian Fiction
About the Author
Marta E. Greenman was called out of corporate America in 1988, then joined a church-planting organization and traveled the world in evangelism and discipleship campaigns. In 2002, she and her husband, Marshall, moved to Romania to help church plant and work with street children. In 2011, Marta founded Words of Grace & Truth Ministries, which is dedicated to teaching God’s Word to the nations, and teaching others to do the same. She is the author of two other Bible studies, Bound to be Free, and Leaders, Nations, and God, teaches and speaks nationally and internationally, and makes her home with her husband in Plano, TX.
More from Marta
What can we learn from the first-century church to make the twenty-first-century church more “successful.” Join me in a journey to rediscover principles from the first-century church to apply them to your life. We will start from the foundation of Christianity, there is salvation in none other than Jesus Christ, and build from there. We will start our journey in Acts 4 and explore strategies for overcoming.
Blog Stops for Acts420Now
Through the Lens of Scripture, October 7
Just the Write Escape, October 8
Mary Hake, October 8
Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess, October 9
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, October 10
Godly Book Reviews, October 11
The Becca Files, October 12
She Lives To Read, October 12
Texas Book-aholic, October 13
Through the Fire Blogs, October 14
Older & Smarter?, October 15
Genesis 5020, October 16
A Reader’s Brain, October 17
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 17
janicesbookreviews, October 18
Inklings and notions, October 19
Kathleen Anderson, October 20
To celebrate her tour, Marta is giving away the grand prize of a $25 Amazon gift card!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
More from #ChristianBooktober
- Celebrate Lit with the Best Christian Book Publicity Group!
- Haven of Rest (Biblical Fiction)
- The Trouble With Nancy (Pony Express Mystery)
- Stitches in Time (Amish Fiction, Foster Care)
- Frost Heaves (Contemporary Alaskan Suspense)
- A Promise to Break (Great Depression Novel)
- Darcy by Any Other Name (Regency Body-swap)
- 115+ Bookish Goodies (Non-book items for Bookworms)
- Once Upon a Christmas (Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Fairy Tales)
- Summer Flash Burn By Erin Unger (Blue Ridge Romantic Suspense
- Synapse: Steven James New Book (Christian Sci-fi Thriller)
- The Vacant House (Murder Mystery)
- Acts420NOW (A Bible Study to Get You In Gear!)
- The Glittering Web (Futuristic Suspense, Untangling a web of Deception
- 44 Best Bookish Games and Bookworm Word Games
- Better than Fiction (Historical/Contemporary Romance)
- Bound to be Free (Bible Study/Spiritual Growth)
- No Turning Back (Romantic Suspense/Prison Ministry turned Riot)
- Hope’s Highest Mountain (Historical Romance, Montana Territory)
- Whispers in the Pews (Essays on Faith and Mental Health
- The Painted Castle (Historical/Contemporary Romance/Mystery
- 45+ Unique Gifts for Kids Who Love to Read (Gift Guide)
- Grief and Second Chances (God’s Gift of Hope-Nonfiction)
- Fatal Memories (An Arizona Border Patrol Adventure)
- How To Overcome Depression With Science and Scripture
- Mission Hollywood: Love Faith, and Second Chances
- Citizenship Bible Study: Leaders, Nations, and God
- Aiming For Love: Historical Romantic Comedy
- When Only Faith Remains (Mary, Mother of Jesus)
- Wonderful YaH: The Unveiling
- Before Christmas (Journey back to the Beginning)