I’m here to connect Christian women to the books they need. Whatever problem you’re facing, there’s a book that will help point you to Jesus and his solution, including
- Short Devotionals to fit into your busy life,
- How to “Fear God, not Man!”
- Is it okay to read Christian Romance Novels?
- Top Christian Fiction Books, and
- Faith-filled books for your kids and teens.
There’s also a nice collection of free printables especially designed for Christian Book Lovers.
Who Is Aryn the Libraryan?
Well, I’ve been in love with Jesus and books since before I can remember!
As a kid, the best form of discipline was always taking away my books. And you know what? I’m still addicted to reading. I’m very grateful for parents who saw that I was going to need to learn to control that desire for books, and see to my responsibilities!
God has used that love of reading to teach me much, as He teaches me what is and is not acceptable, what is, and is not present in my life, based on these (most often) fictional stories. He uses them as a mirror; sometimes I like what I see, other times I don’t. I’d really like to share these with you, too! We can apply truth together!
I started this Christian book review blog in 2017 in part because some friends were expressing their concerns about the dangers of Biblical fiction, and getting confused between the Biblical account and the made-up stories. In my experience, reading Biblical fiction, when it’s well written, and you read the Biblical account first, and again afterward, your understanding grows. You see the characters as real people even more clearly. I find it especially fun to read multiple authors take on a single character.
One way to help keep things straight, and learn from what we’re reading, is to turn books into a conversation with God. Here is my free Faith and Fiction devotional reading journal for you!
Choosing Good Christian Books
I’m very picky about what I read. Finding books that are well written, fun, point to Jesus in some way, and are affordable is tough sometimes.
I’m willing to be challenged and grow in many ways, but I have a very low tolerance for inappropriate content. If I would be ashamed to read it out loud to Jesus, or my elementary age son, I probably shouldn’t be reading it.
That’s not to say I don’t read things my boy isn’t ready for, because I most definitely do. I don’t think he would be up for the action/suspense of Coat of the Ancients in my post on Christian Fatherhood, or any number of adult situations in my favorite romantic fiction or Christian time travel or fantasy books. But, I wouldn’t be embarrassed or upset if I catch him reading them over the next few years. Why? Because the language is clean, and any situations that are sinful and evil are not glorified. And ooh the conversation starters!
That said, you can expect only well-screened books to be recommended here! If I recommend a few clean books that aren’t overtly Christian, it would be because I found enough value in them, and places that show Biblical values lived out.
My Favorite Christian Book Stores:
How YOU Can Help Pick the Next Christian Book Review
If you would take a minute to fill out this super quick survey, it would help so much with choosing what books to review here! After all, it doesn’t help anyone if I am not picking books you would actually be interested in!!
Thank you, Aryn the Libraryan!!
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
- 40+ Awesome Christian Children’s Books for Kids who love StorytimeToday we have a collection of awesome Christian books for children, that will make storytime that much more meaningful. Growing the faith of a child in your care is such a privilege. I truly hope you are considering the eternity of the kids around you, and spending time nurturing and growing that faith, one Christian … Read More
- How to Live Royal: Book of Esther Bible Study for Teen GirlsWe get to revisit the book of Esther today! Twice in one year, but totally different, too. Remember when I reviewed Hadassah: Queen Esther of Persia over the summer? I explained then that I had the unique privilege of doing both a sermon series at church And preview a book of Esther Bible study for … Read More
- Heart Pressed: An Unforgettable Celebrate Lit Sweet RomanceA little happier of a Romeo and Juliette story, today’s Celebrate Lit tour, Heart Pressed, is a delightful read. Part of the Independence Islands series, this standalone contemporary Christian fiction romance will give you all the good feelings, plus challenge you in your faith walk at the same time. And don’t forget the giveaway at … Read More
- I Prayed for Patience-God Gave Me Children: ReviewToday’s Celebrate Lit Christian book tour features a unique devotional: I Prayed for Patience, God Gave Me Children This is perfect for parents, but is also great for any child of the King, whether you have kids of your own, or not! And you don’t want to miss the giveaway, either! About the Book Book: I … Read More
- Managing Expectations in Relationships: 8 Great Christian Books That HelpMy small group did a study on the book The Bait of Satan by John Bevere a couple of years ago. It went a long way towards helping me in managing my expectations in relationships with others. The subtitle of the book is “Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense.” When you think about … Read More