I’m here to connect Christian women to the books they need. Whatever problem you’re facing, there’s a book that will help point you to Jesus and his solution, including
- Short Devotionals to fit into your busy life,
- How to “Fear God, not Man!”
- Is it okay to read Christian Romance Novels?
- Top Christian Fiction Books, and
- Faith-filled books for your kids and teens.
There’s also a nice collection of free printables especially designed for Christian Book Lovers.
Who Is Aryn the Libraryan?
Well, I’ve been in love with Jesus and books since before I can remember!
As a kid, the best form of discipline was always taking away my books. And you know what? I’m still addicted to reading. I’m very grateful for parents who saw that I was going to need to learn to control that desire for books, and see to my responsibilities!
God has used that love of reading to teach me much, as He teaches me what is and is not acceptable, what is, and is not present in my life, based on these (most often) fictional stories. He uses them as a mirror; sometimes I like what I see, other times I don’t. I’d really like to share these with you, too! We can apply truth together!
I started this Christian book review blog in 2017 in part because some friends were expressing their concerns about the dangers of Biblical fiction, and getting confused between the Biblical account and the made-up stories. In my experience, reading Biblical fiction, when it’s well written, and you read the Biblical account first, and again afterward, your understanding grows. You see the characters as real people even more clearly. I find it especially fun to read multiple authors take on a single character.
One way to help keep things straight, and learn from what we’re reading, is to turn books into a conversation with God. Here is my free Faith and Fiction devotional reading journal for you!
Choosing Good Christian Books
I’m very picky about what I read. Finding books that are well written, fun, point to Jesus in some way, and are affordable is tough sometimes.
I’m willing to be challenged and grow in many ways, but I have a very low tolerance for inappropriate content. If I would be ashamed to read it out loud to Jesus, or my elementary age son, I probably shouldn’t be reading it.
That’s not to say I don’t read things my boy isn’t ready for, because I most definitely do. I don’t think he would be up for the action/suspense of Coat of the Ancients in my post on Christian Fatherhood, or any number of adult situations in my favorite romantic fiction or Christian time travel or fantasy books. But, I wouldn’t be embarrassed or upset if I catch him reading them over the next few years. Why? Because the language is clean, and any situations that are sinful and evil are not glorified. And ooh the conversation starters!
That said, you can expect only well-screened books to be recommended here! If I recommend a few clean books that aren’t overtly Christian, it would be because I found enough value in them, and places that show Biblical values lived out.
My Favorite Christian Book Stores:
How YOU Can Help Pick the Next Christian Book Review
If you would take a minute to fill out this super quick survey, it would help so much with choosing what books to review here! After all, it doesn’t help anyone if I am not picking books you would actually be interested in!!
Thank you, Aryn the Libraryan!!
Until Next Time, Love God, Love Books, Shine The Light!!
- Regaining MercyWe’re in for the storm to remember today. This one’s rough. Honestly, I read the first chapter over breakfast, and if I hadn’t been reading on my kindle, I probably would have thrown it across the room I was so mad. But Dermott. (insert a dozen heart eyes here) Seriously. Dermott shines here. And gives … Read More
- 35+ Heartwarming Christian Christmas Stories To Start Your Holiday Right NowIf you’re ready for a few heartwarming Christmas stories just for you, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find some awesome Christian Christmas stories to get your holiday off to the right start. From historical to contemporary, comedy to cozy to miraculous, these Christian Christmas books will fill you with the Joy of the … Read More
- Top 20 Christian Mystery Books To Read NowWell, it’s past time we talked about Christian mystery books. Mysteries can be so much fun, and when you find a good cozy mystery series or Christian suspense book, you’re in for a treat. Because you get to unravel a puzzle and build your faith at the same time. And what could be better than … Read More
- End-Times Fiction: Be Prepared for the Ride of Your Life!Fun, Fast-paced, Well Researched End-Times fiction that will challenge you in unexpected ways! Ishmael Covenant is a ‘Crisis of Global Proportions’ and traitors lurk in unexpected places! Armageddon style Christian Fiction novels, (End-times fiction) are fast paced, 3D, and more than a little terrifying. But since we know who wins, let’s go for a ride!!!
- Stealing the First Mate: Hey, No One Is Perfect!Today, I get to share with you a book called “Stealing the First Mate” by Tabitha Bouldin. There’s a great giveaway at the bottom of the page, so be sure to stick around long enough to check it out. But first I want to talk a little bit about something that struck me several times … Read More