Hello and thank you for visiting me! I’m Aryn The Libraryan, and this is a fun and faith-filled Christian book blog for women and families. Whether you are a full-fledged Book Dragon or just trying to find a few minutes to read something that will encourage you and draw you closer to Jesus, you are in the right place!
There’s nothing like a good book to ease the weight of the day, build your faith, and lighten the mood all at the same time. And if you want to capture the lessons you’ve learned as you read, so you can review and remember them, then I have just the gift for you!
Grab your free Faith and Fiction Reading Devotional Journal, and dive in!
Click here if you want to jump directly to Quick Links by Genre to find a particular type of book, or use these:
Browse around the Christian book reviews and choose a new friend~I mean book~and enjoy! Please let me know if you need any assistance!
Recent Christian Book Blog Posts:
- Welcome to Hooper Safe HavenThis week’s book tour is a fun read, and I enjoyed it immensely. A young woman who is hiding and crafted a new life for herself, a young man whose dreams were snatched by a sports injury. The father who is learning to let go, and find hope and happiness that has eluded him for … Read More
- When The Pilot FallsWelcome to the 1920s. Things are hard. Economically, relationally, racially… But there’s also a lot of beauty and kindness and compassion and…much like the 2020s. Today’s story is one of the best I’ve read in this time period. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading it, even when I wanted to throttle a character or two. I … Read More
- The Dragon Lady Discovers How Powerful Praying In Public isPraying in public can be scary. Uncomfortable. High pressure… But as the Dragon Lady discovered, powerful and effective as a living witness both to you yourself and for those around you. Let’s see what we can learn together about public prayer, and then, maybe give it a try? 5 Keys to Praying In Public There … Read More
- Fuel The Imagination Of A Child: 43+ Best Bookish GiftsKids who love to read get to experience some of the most amazing adventures. From exploring time and space to character traits and emotions, bookworm kids have a head start in life. As parents, you want to do everything you can to help, from reading to your child to supplying them with a variety of … Read More
- Seasoned Grace: Together, They Learn the Truth and Find HealingToday’s tour is an emotional one, unpacking old wounds, and discovering the truth that can heal them. Seasoned Grace is full of hope and opportunities for growth. If we allow ourselves half a chance, we can overcome incredible heartache and find wholeness. I’ll be carrying this story close for a long time. The lessons are … Read More
- Secrets in the Mist: Skyworld Christian SteampunkToday, we enter a whole new world. Some of the dangers are far too familiar. But some are very unique and creative. I can’t wait to return to Skyworld, though I’m not sure I would want to live there. I’ll admit that I didn’t know what ‘steampunk’ was until this book. But it’s pretty cool. … Read More
- The Cryptographer’s Dilemma: A Historical PuzzleThe Cryptographer’s Dilemma is actually a collection of dilemmas, I would say. She’s got the actual decryption dilemma on the case she’s been assigned, then there’s her Philip dilemma, and a family dilemma as well. And the way they all fit together is a tribute to the author’s skills. And the giveaway for this one … Read More
- Liberty Lane’s Rebel-ution: An Epic Esther In Middle SchoolLiberty Lane is a modern-day Esther, who’s about to take on the Royal Crown Singing Competition, peer pressure, a bully, and a few fears along the way. I have to admit this girl got to me. I’m proud of her, cheered her on, and questioned her timing a time or two. I think you’ll enjoy … Read More
- Best Devos to Help You Choose Faith Over FearLife can be scary and full of stressful things, whether natural like hurricanes and tornadoes and viruses, or manmade like terrorist activities and wars. But the God who created the world HAS NOT ABANDONED US! I’ve always been fascinated by the many times in Scripture where something awful is happening and then, my 2 favorite … Read More
- The Prayer Warrior: Inspiration for Real LifeIf you’ve ever wondered how to become a prayer warrior, or exactly what the characteristics of a prayer warrior is, then you’ve come to the right place. Because I’ve wondered all of that and more. So I started paying extra close attention to the prayers in the books I’ve been reading, and looking for more … Read More
- 35+ Heartwarming Christian Christmas Stories To Start Your Holiday Right NowIf you’re ready for a few heartwarming Christmas stories just for you, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find some awesome Christian Christmas stories to get your holiday off to the right start. From historical to contemporary, comedy to cozy to miraculous, these Christian Christmas books will fill you with the Joy of the … Read More
- Top 20 Christian Mystery Books To Read NowWell, it’s past time we talked about Christian mystery books. Mysteries can be so much fun, and when you find a good cozy mystery series or Christian suspense book, you’re in for a treat. Because you get to unravel a puzzle and build your faith at the same time. And what could be better than … Read More
- End-Times Fiction: Be Prepared for the Ride of Your Life!Fun, Fast-paced, Well Researched End-Times fiction that will challenge you in unexpected ways! Ishmael Covenant is a ‘Crisis of Global Proportions’ and traitors lurk in unexpected places! Armageddon style Christian Fiction novels, (End-times fiction) are fast paced, 3D, and more than a little terrifying. But since we know who wins, let’s go for a ride!!!
- Stealing the First Mate: Hey, No One Is Perfect!Today, I get to share with you a book called “Stealing the First Mate” by Tabitha Bouldin. There’s a great giveaway at the bottom of the page, so be sure to stick around long enough to check it out. But first I want to talk a little bit about something that struck me several times … Read More
- 7 Best Devotionals for Homeschool Moms to Keep Jesus CloseToday, let’s talk devotionals for homeschool moms. We get overwhelmed, and we don’t need to be! There is a certain pressure in life, that we’ve gotta do it all. Keep a well-run house, play with the kids, educate them both academically, spiritually, and with morals and life skills, take care of our husbands and extended … Read More
- 35+ Best Christian Historical Fiction Books & Authors For Your TBRAre you ready to explore the past with some of the Best Christian Historical Fiction Authors around? That’s one of my favorite ways to learn about the past, to experience it alongside fictionalized men and women. I’m all for reading biographies and true historical books. Because if we don’t learn from the past, we’re doomed … Read More
- Bible Verses About Fatherhood +11 Best Books For DadChristian Fatherhood, Biblical Fatherhood is not automatic. There is work and Sacrifice. Failure and fun. Hope and prayers and perseverance. Knowing what that actually means and seeing what it looks like in today’s world go a long way toward making Christian Fatherhood possible. So let’s review some characteristics of a father, according to the Bible, and then … Read More
- 100+ Best Middle Grade Books Of All TimeToday let’s talk about how to determine the best middle grade books of all time. (and yes, I plan on tackling a quality high school reading list soon, too) The Best middle grade books of all time are timeless – the story isn’t so bogged down in some issue that would not apply 20 years … Read More
- Who Was Hagar in the Bible? SEEING the UnseenWho was Hagar in the Bible? How does the Hagar and Abraham dynamic and Hagar and Sarah conflict fit into the grand tapestry of God’s Word? Do you know just how special Hagar’s son truly is? Let me invite you in to the new Hagar Bible study by Shadia Hrichi. It will answer these questions … Read More
- 40+ Short Inspirational Devotions You’ll LoveHave you ever read any short powerful devotions that took just a few minutes, but then echoed in your head and heart for days (or longer)? Just a small nugget of God’s truth wrapped in a powerful illustration and paired with the right verse at the right time? Me too. And it’s an awesome feeling. … Read More
- 21+ Best Christian Fiction Books To Read NowTime to talk about some top Christian books, specifically Christian fiction books, but before we dive into the Christian novels book list, we should probably discuss what makes Christian novels worth reading. Because there are tons of well-written books out there, and even more that are not so well done. But to niche down specifically to CF, … Read More
- 40+ Delightful Christian Children’s Books to Enjoy As a FamilyToday we have a collection of awesome Christian books for children, that will make storytime that much more meaningful. Growing the faith of a child in your care is such a privilege. I truly hope you are considering the eternity of the kids around you, and spending time nurturing and growing that faith, one Christian … Read More
- How to Live Royal: Book of Esther Bible Study for Teen GirlsWe get to revisit the book of Esther today! Twice in one year, but totally different, too. Remember when I reviewed Hadassah: Queen Esther of Persia over the summer? I explained then that I had the unique privilege of doing both a sermon series at church And preview a book of Esther Bible study for … Read More
- Managing Expectations in Relationships: 8 Great Christian Books That HelpMy small group did a study on the book The Bait of Satan by John Bevere a couple of years ago. It went a long way towards helping me in managing my expectations in relationships with others. The subtitle of the book is “Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense.” When you think about … Read More