Hello and thank you for visiting me! I’m Aryn The Libraryan, and this is a fun and faith-filled Christian book blog for women and families. Whether you are a full-fledged Book Dragon or just trying to find a few minutes to read something that will encourage you and draw you closer to Jesus, you are in the right place!
There’s nothing like a good book to ease the weight of the day, build your faith, and lighten the mood all at the same time. And if you want to capture the lessons you’ve learned as you read, so you can review and remember them, then I have just the gift for you!
Grab your free Faith and Fiction Reading Devotional Journal, and dive in!
Click here if you want to jump directly to Quick Links by Genre to find a particular type of book, or use these:
Browse around the Christian book reviews and choose a new friend~I mean book~and enjoy! Please let me know if you need any assistance!
Recent Christian Book Blog Posts:
- Regaining MercyWe’re in for the storm to remember today. This one’s rough. Honestly, I read the first chapter over breakfast, and if I hadn’t been reading on my kindle, I probably would have thrown it across the room I was so mad. But Dermott. (insert a dozen heart eyes here) Seriously. Dermott shines here. And gives … Read More
- 35+ Heartwarming Christian Christmas Stories To Start Your Holiday Right NowIf you’re ready for a few heartwarming Christmas stories just for you, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find some awesome Christian Christmas stories to get your holiday off to the right start. From historical to contemporary, comedy to cozy to miraculous, these Christian Christmas books will fill you with the Joy of the … Read More
- Top 20 Christian Mystery Books To Read NowWell, it’s past time we talked about Christian mystery books. Mysteries can be so much fun, and when you find a good cozy mystery series or Christian suspense book, you’re in for a treat. Because you get to unravel a puzzle and build your faith at the same time. And what could be better than … Read More
- End-Times Fiction: Be Prepared for the Ride of Your Life!Fun, Fast-paced, Well Researched End-Times fiction that will challenge you in unexpected ways! Ishmael Covenant is a ‘Crisis of Global Proportions’ and traitors lurk in unexpected places! Armageddon style Christian Fiction novels, (End-times fiction) are fast paced, 3D, and more than a little terrifying. But since we know who wins, let’s go for a ride!!!
- Stealing the First Mate: Hey, No One Is Perfect!Today, I get to share with you a book called “Stealing the First Mate” by Tabitha Bouldin. There’s a great giveaway at the bottom of the page, so be sure to stick around long enough to check it out. But first I want to talk a little bit about something that struck me several times … Read More
- 7 Best Devotionals for Homeschool Moms to Keep Jesus CloseToday, let’s talk devotionals for homeschool moms. We get overwhelmed, and we don’t need to be! There is a certain pressure in life, that we’ve gotta do it all. Keep a well-run house, play with the kids, educate them both academically, spiritually, and with morals and life skills, take care of our husbands and extended … Read More
- 35+ Best Christian Historical Fiction Books & Authors For Your TBRAre you ready to explore the past with some of the Best Christian Historical Fiction Authors around? That’s one of my favorite ways to learn about the past, to experience it alongside fictionalized men and women. I’m all for reading biographies and true historical books. Because if we don’t learn from the past, we’re doomed … Read More
- Bible Verses About Fatherhood +11 Best Books For DadChristian Fatherhood, Biblical Fatherhood is not automatic. There is work and Sacrifice. Failure and fun. Hope and prayers and perseverance. Knowing what that actually means and seeing what it looks like in today’s world go a long way toward making Christian Fatherhood possible. So let’s review some characteristics of a father, according to the Bible, and then … Read More
- 100+ Best Middle Grade Books Of All TimeToday let’s talk about how to determine the best middle grade books of all time. (and yes, I plan on tackling a quality high school reading list soon, too) The Best middle grade books of all time are timeless – the story isn’t so bogged down in some issue that would not apply 20 years … Read More
- Who Was Hagar in the Bible? SEEING the UnseenWho was Hagar in the Bible? How does the Hagar and Abraham dynamic and Hagar and Sarah conflict fit into the grand tapestry of God’s Word? Do you know just how special Hagar’s son truly is? Let me invite you in to the new Hagar Bible study by Shadia Hrichi. It will answer these questions … Read More
- 40+ Short Inspirational Devotions You’ll LoveHave you ever read any short powerful devotions that took just a few minutes, but then echoed in your head and heart for days (or longer)? Just a small nugget of God’s truth wrapped in a powerful illustration and paired with the right verse at the right time? Me too. And it’s an awesome feeling. … Read More
- 21+ Best Christian Fiction Books To Read NowTime to talk about some top Christian books, specifically Christian fiction books, but before we dive into the Christian novels book list, we should probably discuss what makes Christian novels worth reading. Because there are tons of well-written books out there, and even more that are not so well done. But to niche down specifically to CF, … Read More
- 40+ Awesome Christian Children’s Books for Kids who love StorytimeToday we have a collection of awesome Christian books for children, that will make storytime that much more meaningful. Growing the faith of a child in your care is such a privilege. I truly hope you are considering the eternity of the kids around you, and spending time nurturing and growing that faith, one Christian … Read More
- How to Live Royal: Book of Esther Bible Study for Teen GirlsWe get to revisit the book of Esther today! Twice in one year, but totally different, too. Remember when I reviewed Hadassah: Queen Esther of Persia over the summer? I explained then that I had the unique privilege of doing both a sermon series at church And preview a book of Esther Bible study for … Read More
- Managing Expectations in Relationships: 8 Great Christian Books That HelpMy small group did a study on the book The Bait of Satan by John Bevere a couple of years ago. It went a long way towards helping me in managing my expectations in relationships with others. The subtitle of the book is “Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense.” When you think about … Read More
- Describe Your Faith with these 5 QuestionsHas someone asked you to Describe your faith, and you end up feeling like a deer caught in the headlights? I was challenged by the personal profiles in this week’s Celebrate Lit book tour. Taking out the purely romantic/matchmaking questions, <which are incredibly valuable in their own right> the profile asks some really good questions. … Read More
- Don’t Blame the Mud: Best Books About Salvation for KidsThere’s nothing more important (or intimidating, it seems like) than trying to figure out how to explain salvation to a child. Where do you start? What do you say? And if you’ve heard how critical the 4-14 window is, the pressure is on! One thing about salvation for kids (or adults), if they don’t understand … Read More
- What is Lent? Plus 12 Best Books For Lent SeasonWhat is Lent? As a Southern Baptist from before I was born, I didn’t really get it. I mean, why do we celebrate Lent? Isn’t Lent season a Catholic thing? But my current church home isn’t Baptist. And a very dear friend is a Methodist. So I’ve had more exposure to Lent in recent years. … Read More
- 17+ Best Christian Romance Novels, And Should You Read Them?An interesting topic, contemporary Christian romance novels. There are pros and cons, and I think it’s time we discussed them. Some people love them, and lose themselves easily between the pages. Others find it both invasive and unrealistic. This debate has a lot of truth on both sides, and I want to do it … Read More
- How to Teach The Real Easter Story For Kids: 10 Best Easter Story BooksThe Real Easter Story is so special. I don’t think we truly grasp just how privileged we are, to have such free access to forgiveness and love. And if we as adults struggle with wrapping our minds around it, then we need to think about our kids. The meaning of Easter for kids can be … Read More
- How to Set Christian Goals: Understanding God’s Grace is KeyOkay, so this is a little hard to write. I’ve been ‘in church’ since well before I was born. But in over 30 years, I was still childlike in understanding God’s grace and favor. I’ve had the Sunday School answer, a simple, childish acceptance, which is great, but we’re called to a combination of childlike … Read More
- Welcome to The Independence Islands (Must Read Christian Beach Reads)Welcome to the Independence Islands. An imaginary set of islands off the coast of Georgia, populated by the imaginary friends of some fun Christian authors. We get to tag along on some fantastic adventures in daily life. These Christian beach reads will challenge your faith muscles, have you laughing and crying, and basically cause you … Read More
- How Do You Plan to Achieve Your Goals? Setting Personal Goals in LifeKnowing what you want, and WHY you want it will take you a long way towards making it happen. But that’s not all that matters. Getting God’s input, making sure that you are following Biblical goal-setting practices, and having access to God’s power and favor in your follow-through? Those things make all the difference in the world!
- 13 Awesome Christian Kids Shows Worth Watching As a FamilyHave you been looking for clean, faith-filled Christian Kids shows for your little ones? Christian shows for kids that they can watch, and learn from, both basic letters/numbers kind of things, and healthy interaction with family and friends and neighbors? I want to show you some of my favorite Christian cartoons, that I actually enjoy … Read More